Everybody loves to be thanked. Employees love to hear they are doing a nice job or the company is better because of them or they finished the month with the highest productivity. RooterPlus is no different. We have almost fifty employees and every single one of them loves to receive praise. They also like to receive other things…prizes, gift cards, cash, etc.
Some large plumbing and HVAC companies make the technicians provide their own vans/trucks. Others companies will provide the vehicles for the techs. We fall into the latter category. We give each plumbing and HVAC technician a $35,000 - $50,000 vehicle to treat as his own and run service calls out of. This way we can control what vehicles are on the road with our name and logo on it.
Well the other day, we took delivery of a brand new 2010 GMC service truck. The truck then was wrapped with our new logo by In-Depth, who does all of our vehicle wrapping and do a great job. The truck looks great and is the newest "best truck in the fleet." Now here is the question: Who gets the new truck? Everyone wants it. Everyone can't have it. It is my decision to make, and it is hard deciding what is most important in determining who deserves this latest perk.
Here are some factors that I use to make a decision:
- Who has seniority
- Who is the top producer
- Who never gets complaints or call backs
- Who takes the best care of his current vehicle
- Who smokes or doesn't smoke
- Who needs the new vehicle for extra space, towing capabilities, etc
- Who is in charge of our large, commercial accounts
- Who has the best driving record
- Who has a master plumbing license and who has a journeyman license
- Who is the best representative of RooterPlus