2015 Water Heaters
Have you heard about the new Water Heater Efficiency Standards starting on April 16, 2015? Big changes are coming and the more you know, the better prepared you will be.
On April 16, 2015, there will be significant changes to the water heater Energy Factor (EF) requirements as a result of updates to the National Appliance Energy Conservation Act (NAECA). These new mandates will require higher EF ratings on virtually all gas, electric, oil, and tankless water heaters.
Product changes will vary depending on class and volume. In some cases, changes could be minor, but others could be more radical.
Basics to Know –
- The new EF requirements go into effect April 16, 2015, and are mandated by the federal government.
- The new products will be more efficient and save energy, resulting in lower operating costs!
- The new water heaters will have a more sophisticated design – possibly integrating blowers, fans, condensers, and other components – making RooterPLUS! the best choice for proper product selection and installation.
- In some cases, the new water heater may have to be re-located to fit properly, operate safely, or mitigate noise.
- In rare cases, the performance of the new water heater in terms of hot water deliverability will be less than the model that was replaced. You may need to consider a different size or alternative solution to meet your family’s hot water needs.
Keep checking back with RooterPLUS! with updates on available products and any new information that we get.